Never seen a Parade before: Dogwood Parade


What a beautiful day for a Parade, and there was one afterall. The Dogwood Parade was one of my first good impressions of this community back when I first arrived to this fair city. Everyone put aside their differences and problems for a day of celebration and pride in our community by walking down the Main Street of our city.
I met one of our students and a teacher at the Parade route and sat with them. It was the students first view of a live parade so it was fun to see joy showing on his face.
I could tell he wasn't too too involved in watching the dignitaries but he sure enjoyed the old cars and pretty princesses. Much like me actually, I enjoyed having a reason to see it.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.

Painting in the Public Domain