Painting in the Public Domain

I've been busy painting outdoors. Yesterday, I packed up my easel and paints put on my backpack with the easel on it and walked to the downtown mall. I arrived about nine thirty am and got to work after setting it all up. Many people stopped to comment and offer supportive comments about the start of the painting. I was working on the Miller's bar and buildings headed westward from their on, I included a couple of people in it too boot, the thing was I was filmed by some group that came back later and had me sign a release form and I was photographed by tourist and others who just happened upon me while I was working on my painting. My work progressed to a good stopping point and I plan to finish what I've done at home. Some people to whom I talked I never saw because I was paying attention to what I was painting not to whom I was talking to at the time. I was looking at the buildings and what I was doing on the canvas so I have very little idea as to what or who the people were that I was talking to while painting yesterday. And that's ok with me, because I needed to pay attention to my work. I am pleased to say that I had fun with all the people to whom I spoke, no one was a bother to me. I enjoyed talking to them or having my picture taken while I was painting. It makes me feel good to know people enjoy seeing my work and commenting favorably on the quality of it. I'm ok with that aspect of art today, whereas in days gone by I might have not been so pleased with people looking over my shoulder while I worked on my art. Progress has been good and so has the artwork done by me.
You'll be able to see my artwork on my website soon. I have to finish it first thought.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse