Graffiti in Our Little Town


Such a good day for summertime pictures that I went out and walked around Belmont yesterday taking photos of whatever caught my eye. I didn't do this activity when I had a film SLR. I was always concerned,"will it come out?" Today, I can take whatever I want and not worry about wasting film. So I head out just to see what there is to take photos of more often.
Yesterday, I happened upon a wall that is used for graffiti. In this town, the street artist stick to this one wall and don't pollute other walls nearby. This wall has been getting "tagged" more often and for a longer time than any other location that I have noticed. I'm grateful for those same artist using just this one wall. Northern cities suffered from overuse of "tagging" and the graffiti was an eyesore and it was everywhere, it was a nuisance up in those northern cities.
So, I found that these street artist put a lot of time and energy into painting their images onto the concrete. They have gott'n pretty good at designing there words and letters. They use more and more interesting combinations of color when painting. It's really pretty good stuff, visually entertaining for a viewer like me.
Their work can be found under the Avon Street (or Belmont as some people call it) Bridge on the western support cement walls, perfect surfaces for spray paint and not too too obvious for people to find.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The County of Nelson's Courthouse