Japan's Photos from the 50's


I visited Sinking Springs, Pennsylvania over the summer in August to be exact, there I met an artist friend who gave me an assignment that appeals to me: paint the photos your father took while you lived in Japan. I was in my single digit years when we lived their in the 1950's. My dad took plenty of photos and I have some that I do like and remember what I was doing and feeling back then when the photos were taken. I am in some of them. I decided to paint the most favorable one's first, and I began shortly after returning from Pennsylvania. Nothing like an old friend's advise who knows something about your favorite subject.
So, I've begun the canvas and I've promised to work on it whenever I can even if it's only for an hour or so. In fact, I decided to limit my painting time to only two hours or less at anytime I sit down to paint. So far, I've found that my excitement just thinking about what I am going to do when I sit down to paint helps me do my best when I am painting. I have put where I am at with my painting as a heading to this blog. I am headed out tonight but I will no doubt find the time to paint soon.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse

Painting in the Public Domain