The People of Japan

I just finished another in my Japanese Experience paintings yesterday evening, it looks like a good painting of a Buddhist Celebration Parade. I've enjoyed paintings from my past spent in Japan when I was their with my parents during the 1950's. I certainly never thought I would be painting my childhood. When I was small and living in that foreign country, I found the people to be really nice to me and the land was very beautifully kept. People would go out into the streets to sweep the dirt just to clean up their area outside their home just because it was needed. The people had a true commitment towards the public good of the community and I noticed that even at the young age that I was during the 1950's.
This painting I finished is bright and cheerful because it is a depiction of an event where the people were celebrating the beginning of a New Year, and they were hopeful. I will have a photo of it up on my site soon.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So