Where I Am Working With Interested Students


Today I was going thru the motions but really feeling kind of like a stuffed bureaucrat only this breed of bureaucrats had on a new set of clothes. In as much as they use to wear a white collar I had on a long sleeved T-shirt and gray Smith Mountain Rock pants. But it's all a learning experience for me, so just because I knew my role is training new office workers in many jobs that others find too tedious to do, I am hopeful that these jobs are those entree type of our jobs for our students.
I've asked our students if they like this kind of work, and they love it actually one student said he felt very fortunate to have gott'n to work at this job. The jobs take place in an billing department of a local private hospital. The people are nice and friendly plus it's a good clean environment. The equipment these students use is modern technical stuff which is great for our students to be using in order to be up to standards in the workplace.
It's a good place. I guess I'm just not use to the cubical workplace, but I think it's something that I will have to adapt to and over time I will. I'm just feeling a little weird thesedays and I don't really know why. Not to say others don't feel weird to but at least I have a program of Recovery that has tools I can use to cope with these feelings. I will succeed and so will my students. God Willing!

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The County of Nelson's Courthouse