Downtown Kamahura 1954


A new painting was finished last weekend, it was worked on for my full spring break from work. It was quite enjoyable to work on although it had it's moments I felt like I accomplished something good from doing it. It's not exactly the same as the photograph it's taken from but it's ok for what it is.
I'm kind of thinking people are having so many problems from just what the combustible engine is doing to this world maybe looking back at a society that didn't have too many engines at the time this painting is done might be somewhat revealing to we who are living is such a polluting time as this one.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing Kamahura Japan in the 1954 era, pre-modernization but post war era. I don't think there is too much of a record from that era in Japan.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The County of Nelson's Courthouse