While We Are Getting Ready for The Students


Preparing for the coming new school year what story is on the news but how the governor is planning to put education on the table for cuts in the coming year's budget, now that is an issue for me to feel good about and look forward to continuing to work in my career. Nothing like job security huh? It seems that the notion of job security is gone by the table with every career, but I know all I can and have to do is take care of myself today and let tomorrow take care of itself. Afterall, who really knows what lies ahead anyway, and why let it ruin today. Or this coming schoolyear for that matter, I'm hoping for a really good year. I will be working in a cafeteria dishroom with a couple of our students, keeping track of their work and progress towards independence on that job. I'm amazed that I am being called upon to teach others what I know about dishroom work, something I did for so many years and in so many different situations and something I never thought anyone else would want to know about the skills I learned in those dishrooms. It never ceases to amaze me everyday on the job with our students or as some say "our kids'.
On another note: I'm also going to see a group called "My Morning Jacket" here at an outdoor pavilion on the downtown mall in this little college town next Thursday evening. I've heard some of their music and it impressed me enough to buy a ticket. It wasn't expensive either, it almost cost as much to process the ticket as the ticket cost itself. I'm planning to take some photos when I am their next Thursday and I'll keep this site posted with the results.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse

Painting in the Public Domain