O-Hill Backroom Dealings


It's been great working as a job coach in the University of Virginia dining hall at Observatory Hill this past year and a half we all do a helluvajob. I work with two young men now and they are really doing quite well thanks to the guidance of a couple of good instructors. One works in the dish room busing dishes, cups, glasses, silverware and then feeding it to the Hobart dish washing machine. He works hard and he loves it. He often says to me on a Friday " I can't wait until Monday", my response is usually "why?" and he always says "So I can come back to work of course" how about that, he's a rare breed , he loves the dish room work. Others work there alongside of him and I often pitch in and lend my hand to the effort of cleaning the students plates, glasses, and on and on.
It's a job with one of the rewards of being able to enjoy a meal yourself that usually is made for the students alone. It's good food believe me, that's why often new freshman usually put on five to ten pounds when they are first exposed to this cafeteria. It's good!

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.