A Teaching Friend Will Be Missed


It's beneficial for the earth to cool, such is my belief, and it's certainly doing so today right in my neighborhood. I think nature needs to cool off so it can rest itself as a stage in the growing process, just as we sleep. I think most people know this to be the situation. I enjoy the cooler temps and being inside nearby a fireplace or a wood stove. Such was the case for me last weekend, I had the chance to be with a group of people I know from work who gathered before a wood stove in the basement of one of our teachers. It was a real highlight moment with all the credits rolling by because this fella who's house it was is moving on to another job in another location. I've known him for a good while and I do admire his stamina with keeping his temper when working in a difficult and sometimes stubborn situation. My Mom would have said "he's a saint" , well I would go that far because I do know him a little better than those students do, but he is a good an very qualified teacher of special needs students. He's got a good touch with them all. And he's run his teaching style with one overall approach, and that is to teach with love. I will try to remember that lesson from him, it's a good one.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So