My Tokyo Experience and The Painting of It


The New One is out. My newest paintings are of trees in an imaginary landscape. Tomorrow, I am able to take a couple of our guys out to a painting workshop on landscape painting, so let's see where that goes and takes my thoughts on "how to do it". But this one of Tokyo is from another of my dad's many photos from the 50's when I was but a young one, in this photo the downtown area we were in was very noisy and polluted while all the vehicles drove down the streets. One can see the three wheeled trucks ambling by while the trucks wait the changing of the light. It's all quite busy and bustling, much the modern city when one might consider that they are less then ten years out of a major War by these same people against us. As a young boy, those people that I met were all very wonderful to me and all of my family members (two) who were their for the six years we spent in Kamahura and Japan as a whole. It was actually very surprising to me and made a lasting impression of forgiveness and living today without holding onto our old grudges. Keep it in the moment!

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So