looking Ahead to Post High Graduation 09


    It's been a good weekend.   Since I was quite sick Friday and Saturday both Sunday and today have been really enjoyable in that I've been feeling much better and doing a lot more.   I reworked an old painting and then I prepared another painting for a collaborative effort that we will do this week at school.   I will have the help of an Afghanistan refuge who is interested in what I do.   We've made a few canvases together on the theme of 'kites' and this is another one, but its more developed than the previous ones.   I'm looking forward to going to work and finishing it with him this week.  
    We also have graduation at our school branch this week.   A real thrill to be sure.  A young man will be graduating who I have worked with for the past eight years.   As a graduation present I am giving him and his mom a painting of Post High which is the painting I reworked this weekend to give it a special touch.   I'm hoping he will remember his time here whenever he looks at it at home when we are absent from his life.   It's going to be an emotional week for me, but I'm ready for it.   I tried to do an especially good job on this painting since I know him so well after eight years of being his companion and teacher, job coach and living needs assistant.   It's shown me just how nice it is to be needed by someone.   I'll miss him.
    Well as a visual I will post the prep-drawing of our painting "Kites IV"  

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The County of Nelson's Courthouse