Paint'n and Stuff


It's been an interesting and somewhat busy, productive day. I finished on painting of Belmont BBQ, got a preliminary drawing of a new restaurant opening in this area by the name of "Tavola" and then pulled out a canvas and got the start of a new painting underway. There is still daylight left to do more if I so choose, but I think just kick'n back for a while aught to work.
I was down in the heart of Belmont, which has become my favorite place to set up and paint this summer. I've gott'n some good work out of all the new buildings that have a new home in Belmont, but I also enjoy some of the older ones too. I can say, the work still is look'n good to me. But now it's time to celebrate the Fourth with some friends I haven't seen in a while but with whom I feel a fondness for none the less.
I am thankful for a country where I can paint as I please wherever I please without fear of retribution of any kind for what I love doing. May those who fought and died for us rest in peace and may we make use of our liberties for which they defended us to exercise our freedom.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Poolside

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So