My Grocery Shopping Images


On A Snowy day, one takes the time to think of life. Is it all worth it, what am I doing? And other fundamentally important questions come to mind in one's quiet moments alone. I do just that with my pen and inks, I pose myself questions and put myself back into spots I've passed through making odd and sometime unexpected observations, such was the material from which this last pen and ink drawing came from today. I can ignore my life's journey's path or I can use it. I don't always hate my life nor do I always like my recent life's past, but I can pull drawing materials from it. And that is what I do whenever I am working on imaginary caricatures of these really weird people I dream up in my art.
I have a good time making them and I put in a lot of blood , sweat, and tears into those ever so good ink spots. I'm really glad I can do them, because I know in many other countries I could face very real trouble for doing them. People don't always see the humor intended when viewing my art, but I look at it as "that's their problem" I just hope they don't make it mine.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The County of Nelson's Courthouse