Never Knowing Who Is Watching


It's cold outdoors but not I. Being an indoor day with some snow falling outside, I pick up my pen and ink for a second time today. An older drawing calls out for some more work to be done to it. After spending and hour or more on it, I am thinking I'm done for now. But after looking at it some more I can see where it needs a little more black coloring, and I'll get to it later on.
In this drawing I am looking at a fantasy of caricatures in an American city of the viewer choice. The people are in a hurried situation with a woman on the side looking on at the men who seem oblivious of her, no point intended but I do think of her as kind of a seductive woman. I just see the men much as myself, just going on with my life not completely aware of all that is around me for the sake of getting by. The main character, who is the man in the middle, is quite rushed and he is missing the attention shown to him by her.
I guess it's just life and all will live on quite well, and there is an existential lesson to be had here if one would put two and two together and see how isolated each character is not being aware of those around them. Much as the characters were oblivious to each others attention in the play "No Exit" by Jean P. Sartre. I enjoyed that play for it showed how we can have it all but still not have what our hearts desire and there is no way at times for our hearts to be taken care of completely.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.