A New Commission


I am looking at doing a commission this weekend. I'm putting everything on hold until I finish this painting of a local house. It's the residence of the mother of a friend from my past whom I have lost touch with due to finding different roads to travel down.
The weather should cooperate and I think I will be able to get two days of concentration in on a rather small canvas. The size of which was a request by her. I'm looking forward to it due to the lack of sales this year. Absolutely nothing has sold this year despite being in a one man opening and having my work hanging all year in a very public venue. I don't think it's because of the lack of quality of my art, at least that is my hope, but more-so because of the economical problems we are all dealing with which in turns stops people from buying art. The saying "art is the first to go" is certainly very true and I've witnessed that over the years. It's just part and parcel of the game.
I will be keeping my hopes up for this weekend's work. I will get immersed in the making of it and enjoy myself despite the lack of money coming in from it. I always said : "it's not about the money" and I say that because if it is then one is in the wrong field to begin with.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So