Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

 
It is noted that Whitehall Virginia is a throwback to an earlier time, a time when people knew who you were whenever one was to shop in the store such as this....its something found in the rural areas of this state and not so much in the cities of Virginia. This is one of my paintings of such a place, where the guys inside it are all gathered talking about what's news in the area over some snack food of one kind or another. They were all very kind to me once I stopped in to see the inside of this store once I was done painting for the day. I enjoyed working on this one...it is the second of the same subject, the store was interesting to work on so I took a second look as it were and painted it again. It's wasn't so much that I didn't like the first painting of this country store it was more that I enjoyed working on it so I thought I would prolong the joyfullness by doing it a second time. I'm sure you have no idea what I am talking about..well just have a long look at it...and perhaps take a drive out Garth Rd near Charlottesville someday and you can see it for yourselves.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So