Landscape of a Rockfish River Rd Farm

Art can be redux and made anew. These are new paintings that came about from older work. I simply picked up my work on them right where I left off. One is simply a landscape I began at the beginning of this past summer, then I let it sit on my wall until it bothered me enough to pull it down and take another look at the thing. It simply screamed out for a new approach and for me to take it their, now!! Now after having worked on it for a good while I feel like its at a stopping point and I can move on to other canvases. The painting is of an open field on Rockfish River Road down near the James River in Nelson County where I now live. This scene is of a farm on land just off the highway, the land is vast and the scene was very open as well leaving plenty of room for a nice open skyline to put rendered. I enjoyed working on it. It was a warm but not yet hot summers day. I began around noon on location and finished up about two and a half hours later on. Then put in a few touches at home and I thought I was done only to pull it off the wall in order to rework it somemore. The result is posted and I'm done with it. I hope you like it and I'm thinking that working on landscapes is a new venue for me and I'm wondering what people think of it. Especially if you've seen me developing my work over the years I've been painting, so log into google and leave me any ideas you might have about it. It could help me think about where I want to go painting wise.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.