What People Can Say Can and Does Amaze Me

I have done much to keep my iron in the fire of art. I try my best to do something artistic at least once a day, whether its a drawing or painting or simply marketing my work but something to keep me in the game, something to keep me wet and surrounded by my love of the craft. This drawing is one way I keep at it. It's a simple study. A simple line drawing but in doing it I am keeping my hand-eye coordination together and sharp. Some crazy people think I have a camera in my head or that I have a measuring ruler in my head, can you believe the crazy things people who are suppose to be educated ...can you believe what they think is going on? Quite a wild ride to be sure, but I'm still on that bronco after all these years, I'm in it till the end no matter what. This piece is simply a study of looking at the image, drawing that image while looking at it and not looking at the paper I am drawing on. But do people believe that, I don't think there degree is worth very much after hearing some of the things that are believed as artistic methods. Well what can you do? I just keep my iron in the fire (no not really, this is just an allegory not for real folks..honestly) Well back to the drawing board (this is for real, I do use a drawing board) Ha well there ya go for today.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.