A Winter Day for My Good Memories

The lite snowfall painted a nice scene with the Rockfish River dam that sits in the river right below my house. I can hear the river in warmer weather when my windows are open but with today's homes being so insulated its difficult to discern that water spilling over the dam sound. I love it when the winds are right and the silence is broken by the roar of the waterflow. The home is one with large areas inside so I can set up my easel and paints and have plenty of space to paint my canvases. With this situation one would say "Wow, you really have it made!" And I do but it's a long way from where I am to anything resembling culture or stores or restaurants or lets go so far as to say...I'm in the middle of the very edge of the know world here. But then it's a place with little interference from the outside during my times of wanting to be alone. The small cost, as well as a good car which the new Chevy Cruze Eco has proven to be for me well it all goes on for a sensible move from the city to the country. Now if only Arnold the pig just get out of my livingroom.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Poolside

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So