Busy Opening to Spring

It's been 'spring break' for me from my day to day job; because I've had the free time this week I got into my painting. I saw where there were three days of promised sunlight and so I set out on the first day to paint for others. The first painting was of the small Virginia town that hugs the mountains of the Blue Ridge called Crozet, that painting was done in one sitting (or standing since I painted it "plein air") with the view of the mountains in the background. There was an unusual end to my day painting the one of Crozet; a young lovely came out once I was done and packing up my equipment into my car and exclaimed "oh how wonderful, I was able to watch the whole thing" how strange I thought, I'd never been given a comment like that before. It seemed she was sitting in a framing shop right across the street from where I was set up painting the 'Crozet' painting, she sat looking out the large plate glass windows looking right at me across the street from her. I had been working around four hours before I was done and she had witnessed the entire thing. She treated me like a superstar. That never happened before, but I'll take the praise, it was a fun ending to the day. My painting is the second version of this view. I had what I thought to be a better view of the buildings here on the main street of Rt 240 in downtown Crozet. People here revere this town and don't want it to change from the community that it is at this time. But we all know that if its in the good old US of A it will eventually change, just not today. The painting will be sold to a county board of supervisor person'a because as she said she really wanted one of the town she represented on the Board, the town of Crozet is what she loves and so I did it and it is what it is.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The County of Nelson's Courthouse