Charming View

While living in Charlottesville one could sometimes spot a wonderfully beautiful view while simply walking. This drawing was arrived at this way. It is a house upon a hillside on the southern side of the city. The house isn't all that noticable from the main street (Monticello Ave near Mead Ave) but if you see how slanted the hill its on is you can get the idea of whats' so special about it. The building defies gravity and sits there on that hillside with a really great view of Monticello Mountain and Brown's Mtn. It was worth remembering with this drawing. Since I no longer live in the city of Charlottesville I am glad to have my drawings as a way of remembering my past living in that city. I had my moments and the city was a place like no other. It has its charms.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So