One of " Works for Crozet"

Here in Central Virginia we are lucky to have a few outlying areas that hold on to old community styled living and such is this homesite of Crozet. Its just west of Charlottesville and its been there for over a century. Established as a community for those men who were building a railroad through the Blue Ridge mountains it housed many a miner and there respective families. There are two paintings I did of this little town and actual more, I believe the painting logged in just before this was also of that fare city. It draws a lot of attention due to its size and charm and I guess its cultural life. There is an excellent pizza shop which is known for its award winning pies and also a little meeting place for intellectuals that sells books and has artshows. I found it an interesting little spot to paint. I did my best to involve the dilapidated railroad station that is now defunked but still standing. It took has an individual charm to it at least in being a nice structure. I think these paintings I am doing give me a nice view of this area's atmosphere and variety of scenery.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.