"Shenandoah Joes" Hit Up Once Again (with oils)

Do you ever have this happen to you? You've finished a project and your sitting with the results and something inside you says "its just not right" and no matter how you rationalize it that comment is still present in your conscious, that was the situation with my last painting, so out came the brush and palette. It didn't take much but I did correct the lean to the left that the building had going on, along with that I actually put some realism into the people's images in the windows and doorways on the left as well. I could stop with that though, I hit up the crows on the wall to be a little fuller. Charlottesville has some well fed crows with all the restaurant dumpsters around that they all feed off of. Comparing the earlier with the former, I'd say I was right "it wasn't right" afterall.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The County of Nelson's Courthouse