Figures on a Stairway

To begin I took a figure towards the left here and just drew what came naturally after that; for some reason unknown to me I put all my figures on an elevated train station stairway heading up. Why I don't really know I just know it seemed fitting. These are pen and inks', the pens are plentiful in the stores here so I use them quite often to break from traditional painting. One use to have to labor over those repediographs (forgive the spelling, they are out of circulation now) pens when one was done with the days work. The stem had to be cleaned out and reassembled, and they always seem to get clogged up with dry ink before one could ever get anything useful out of them again. What a pain! But today's while they are disposable they still can make for more than just one drawing per pen. Plus they are a lot more affordable that those old nineteen seventy technology was for me and my wallet.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So