Abstract #17

Many times one gets a look into one's soul from writing what one does or experiences in life. Art on the other hand is a time when one responds to life with color, shape and form when one is making an abstract painting. Seldom do I go into an abstract canvas with a preconceive thought or notion of what I want to do. I do best when not 'thinking ahead' unlike most of my time being alive in this thing called 'the twenty-first century living'. My enjoyment as I have stated in previous posts is 'getting lost in the moment' with my work being the very vehicle of that bliss. This particular painting is one that I stopped and restarted again and again in as much as I felt it needed a little more, and then again a little more, and so on. Before I stopped completely, I took a good look and saw where the canvas need nothing more in order to be 'complete in itself'. Abstract #17 is one in many times during this summer of experimenting where I went over the edge and found shapes, colors and forms that came from nowhere but became content on my canvases.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Painting in the Public Domain

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse