Barns On Rio Rd.

I have some happiness to report: I've photographed a few of my favorite barns that were a stuck in my memory from driving in Charlottesville since I got their in 1977. These were on the side of Rio Road just on the edge of town (in the 1970's that is cuz what is the edge of town is no more) I saw them riding around in a Region Ten van as we went out to visit Fashion Square to walk around with no money to spend. They were really some of the nicest buildings with much character and no one seemed to notice them, but I did. And after living out in the country for a while I've learned how rare and nice the really are to see as barn styles go. So I finally got it together to do a photo shoot of them. I timidly walked up to them on some field of long grass a picked spots that showed the details in the way they were built. The wood is falling off and holes are showing up in their walls so I don't think they will be standing much longer. I snapped and composed and snapped some more. Now to get to the easel tomorrow and find out what I was looking at by discovering the visual make up of each photographic image.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.

Painting in the Public Domain