Delapitadted Barn w Truck

Some paintings that I have begun making are themes from the country around this area. I found a group of buildings with 'old country barns' as the content. One would think by looking at them that they were way out in 'nowhere land' in Middle Virginia but they aren't: this painting is of a barn located at Rio Road and the John Warner Parkway. They are just outside of Charlottesville city line. They are on a hillside just over the berm at that intersection. I selected one to see how it would work for me and I believe I will add on some more effort to including more from the photo shoot I did last week. The photo shoot was a time where I parked my car and walked across a grassy field up to them and began photographing. There were three main buildings and a truck, with some farm plowing equipment beside them. I took some photos and now I am working from home using my laptop while I paint behind an easel. I like the result and will try doing some more later on this week.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.