A Nice Day and Meeting a Tech Graduate


A nice peaceful day with a good dose of physical fitness at Gold's Gym, that's how today worked itself out as being: it just doesn't get any better, no amount of money could buy it and no one else could live it and enjoy themselves as much as I did today.
I had time to read the book Chesapeake by Mitchener, and listen to music I love, and to be with a cat who's company I am enjoying and learning about at the same time. Her name is Oreo.
I had time to pray and I took advantage of it and did just that. I also had time to talk to a young man at the gym, his name is Matt and he graduated from Va Tech last year. He knew the young Koren man who shot all those innocent students from classes he took at Tech last year. He talked about the way that man never acknowledged people who tried to talk to him or teachers who tried to involve him in class by asking him questions. Whenever he was asked a question he would look away or not verbalize any answer of any kind to his fellow students or teachers. Sure it's hearsay but still I think it says a lot about the whole situation, if he let himself be open to others he might not have continued to build up the hate or negative steam that caused all those deaths without any mercy towards anyone. Matt was seriously shaken and was concerned that the only way people would remember Va Tech for would be this event. Then he said, "What can you say to anyone about it?" I told him that I didn't know, but it was something we have no power to control or do anything about and that there really wasn't anything we could say.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.