Reflections

Life gets busy I was warned, to keep my priorities in order and so far so good. But I can see how that issue get complicated and convoluted over time to have one question "well what is most important for my time?" So it goes, and when one takes on a cause or an desire to do something that is well thought through and not just an impulsive thing to do well then the issue is "does it stand the test of time". Where I'm at art "has", and now Recovery "has" stood that ever so important test of where we put our presences and time.
For me, I couldn't do art with any growth without being abstinent and I couldn't be abstinent without being "God Centered" and for me all that means is acting as if what I pray to matters in my day to day life...it begs the question "Would I be proud of having God hear or see me doing this or saying this or simply acting this way?" For me that is being "God Centered" on this plain of living which is what I know about so far.
To be such, I needed a twelve step fellowship and I can't say it's been an easy ride but it's been a truly worthwhile...I haven't blown my stack clean yet, but I know I could ...it just takes a lot more. But all kidding aside, I really am thankful for all they've done for me and for all I've been able to do for myself through their service and there friendship.
This is not the end by any means, I'm just taking a moment to reflect and be glad for all that has been my life so far. I am thankful and I plan more art in the days to come....it just takes a little more time to get it done during the school year.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Painting in the Public Domain

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse