210 Douglas Ave or What's Big and Blue on Douglas Ave?

Sometimes people call me up and ask me to paint there house. Its not that there house needs a new coat of paint but more like they want to remember it the way it is with a canvas study of it. In the past I didn't do commissions but I've found that I am missing out on a good paying challenge. For me all I did was start saying "yes" once someone might ask me while I am set up outdoors working on a landscape or something such as that, the main thing is that I started saying it instead of sending those folks away. As its turned out, I have benefited by doing so. If this is selling out well at least I can paint houses in a manner that suites me and not just making an architectural study I am making a creative work of art only of a certain object that another person has wanted me to be doing. Its been fun as I always want my painting to be so no harm done as far as I can see. This was a particularly nice house with many interesting dimensions to it. I really didn't do it justice. This house has an addition built onto the back end which makes it a 'good sized' home. Its an older home, well by our standards that is, and it's got some features like a bay-window and a triangular window at it peak. Without those features I think my painting could have hit the boredom wavelength quite easily. But it didn't. I am letting this one dry then its going to have a frame put on it and some wire and then their you are.....done!

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So