"Red's Eats"

A friend asked me to paint this spot called "Red's Eats" that's located somewhere in Maine of all places, and I just didn't get around to working on it until last night. The reason he requested this from me was due to all these characters standing in line shouted "JT's people" out to him and he thought I would enjoy working on this ques outside waiting to be fed. He took a few random photos and got them to me one day when he happen to be with me. I didn't turn him down. I was flattered he thought that of me, and that he knew me and my work well enough to link up this event with the kind of paintings I did regularly years ago. Since moving out into the countryside I don't actually go to my caricature work that often anymore, I on occasion pick up the pens and get into the craws of my imagination but not as much as I use to, my desire to do so has subsided. Age has something to do with it, or so its said. The drawing it taken from three photos shot out of a car window while driving by this 'hot spot' for Maine's best hotdogs. Although the photos were somewhat blurry I was able to make out enough detail to get this drawing out of it. My pen and ink abilities are improving with age I believe, cuz I had a good feeling once I was done with this drawing. I truly enjoyed working on each character and the background where they were standing in existential angst with hunger being the one thing that would make them stand still for so long. A painting could follow although I am not sure about that yet.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Painting in the Public Domain

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse