Autumn on Skyline Drive


What an awesome time up in the mountains this past weekend, it was incredible for me. I've lived so nearby this wonderful place but seldom have I taken the time to be in them and walk into their trails. The trails took my on a journey to another mental place. The place my mind went was one of awe and joyfulness for seeing such plants in change of their states of being due to the change of seasons. It was terrific to see all those huge trees which were so old and big because people weren't allowed to cut them down. Then there were the berry bushes which had their yearly harvest on their branches, and not to overlook the changing leaves of those ever so wonderful trees which colored the light that fell on our trail. Truly something I didn't expect to see, I thought I was in for merely a walk but on our journey up into the Skyline Drive trails at Trayfoot Mtn and Loft Mtn I was overwhelmed with awe for the natural changes of autumn in the forest this year.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So