"Spudnuts" the work of art to come


Painting the favorite spot for a nasty but groovie breakfast that only C'viller's could enjoy, that being "Spudnuts", everyone who simply walks by it's doors is taken in by it's trademark donuts. I was able to stand outside if it this and yesterday morning painting while people stopped to see how I was doing, they all talked about "how good they are", and everyone I talked to had already had their morning "fix" (if you will) of their potato flour donuts. It truly is a joy to be working on memorializing their building once again with a work of art. I really like the place and the people who have been frequenting it for years, lifetimes and those who have just discovered it. And, it's a fun building to paint with it's huge signs and open windows to see into the shop.
I am working on a small canvas right now, but I will post the preliminary drawing which I did yesterday. Enjoy a food that is just not redeeming in anyway but the most fun to eat for no other reason than it's a joy for the mouth.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.

Painting in the Public Domain