The Trees Are Turning Now


Fall. In this part of the country the trees are just beginning to change their color. Some very dark Alizarin Crimson is beginning to show up on the tops of our trees. It's the start. I am looking forward to the cool breezes and the need to put on some warmer clothes in order to bike ride around. It's just starting. I found myself checking the temperatures today just to see if I need a sweatshirt in order to ride in the evening today. I do so if it seems rather like a clear sky and we're under sixty five. We did have lower temps but the skies were cloud covered tonight. I wore my shorts and a nice shirt on my ride and I was just fine.
The nice thing is on a bike one heats up under a sweatshirt so it become a comfortable manner of both traveling and also being outdoors all in one. I'm thankful to be living outside of the crowded cities where one is always near choking smoke from traffic. Granted it was a lot worse years ago when I lived in Philly and there was nothing else to do but suck it up. I know it's gross but we use to blow out black soot like substances from our nostrils after riding around that city for a few hours. At least those days seem to be over with, I kid you not that really happened.
It was a thrill to breeze by the traffic tonight, but I keep my head turning just to see if anything has any interest in getting in my way as I fly by. I'll just keep my bike in shape this fall, just to get a good look at what over my head and all around the outdoors as I travel about.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Painting in the Public Domain

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse