Life 101

The Day is a Gift. The sun is out, the air is warm, and my bike is ready to go. No it's not a Harley, it's a Trek 6500 and it's a ****bike but it's cool. I am thankful for the roads, pathways and Rails to Trails advocacy that has had me ride my Trek. I hope the veterans can at some point see and enjoy both the off road trails and miles of highways that this country has to offer those of us on two wheels.
The Day is a Gift. I promise to make the most of each one. I will not waste it away. I will be active and get out of the house and see this day. I have made much of my summer break making art, eating out with friends, and socializing with 'fellow-travelers' in the evenings. But today is a day in which I will reflect on what let's me do all of this and where are my own responsibilities to leave behind something worthwhile for others.
Enjoy the Fourth as I am sure I will.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So