The Country is Different in Some Nice Ways

The days in this small country community are very different than living inside the boarders of Charlottesville: it's completely dark at night, and it lacks the noise of motors. And there are other ways it's different but I write about those two, those two ways really make this a nice change from city life. I like all the people I met in Charlottesville and I miss being able to see people by happenstance yet it's the peacefulness that comes from the absence of people that is so appealing living here. Its not that there is no-one, people are around but they seem to keep to themselves and not wonder around. I have to admit I don't go around off my property, at least not yet, that is something I might get into sometime later on. The property is keeping me busy. Building a path seems like an easy idea to put into play, but it's not always the case; my path from my back porch to the river down below has been a work of love but yet it's difficult and tedious. It's taken strength and artistic choices in the rocks I've planted into the hillside. The fun thing is that I can build it without having to have it approved and voted on by sub-committee after sub-committee as one might if one were to put such a thing in the city of TJ. I like that. I'll have to post some photos of people fishing from where it meets the Rockfish river once it's completed. It won't be long.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Painting in the Public Domain

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse