A Smaller Painting on the Same Theme

I finished what I was working on during Thanksgiving here at home just a few hours ago. It is an acrylic painting. A smaller one that took some work to complete but it is nice just the same. The subject is one that is repeated from the one I just finished. That larger one of "Mincer's" is a rather more significant painting on. I wanted to work on this painting in a plastic based paint (acrylics) just to see if I could do it. I needed to test myself in this newer medium in order to know just how does this paint hold up doing the things I usually do in oils. It handled differently yet it was better in working with varying colors on a flat plain. In varying colors it worked such that one can alter one color with many others in order to produce "bright changes" from spot to spot on the same area of the canvas. I was glad to see how this could be worked out. There were other abilities acrylics have that are unique to this medium but I won't bore you with all the details of them all. My enjoyment was that I found the paint to be acceptable as a serious medium for my style of artwork. Just different that's all. This painting was done mostly from what I remembered of the last 'Mincer's' canvas that I made earlier this month. After spending three months on that particular area of town I sort of knew what architectural features made it up. So I went with my instincts and also what some fans said to me and I "winged it" making it up mostly from memory. Its not too bad of an experience, one that I think I will repeat again sometime.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Painting in the Public Domain

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse