Studio and Reflections Upon Current Work

Working again, I guess I'm kind of hooked on making paintings on my time off or time to myself in my country home. That's just the way I've chosen my circumstances to turn out. It was a conscious effort to find that perfect atmosphere to paint in and a place where those creative spirits can foster new and original paintings. Since moving here I haven't looked back, with some exceptions of course but when one moves, one moves themselves and there outlook as well. I've lived my way into a new view of my art. I do however look back and paint scenes from my past: such is this new couple of paintings. My last two paintings deal with "the Corner" area of Charlottesville and the University of Virginia area where the students frequent on there time off from classes. This area is the home to 'Mincer's' and other local flavored stores, restaurants and clothing shops not to forget at store that was there until the recent past a bike shop titled "Blue Wheel Bicycle". That particular store existed as a go to shop for any long distance bike riders who might have been passing through C'ville and needed a spot check on their equipment or some extras they hadn't though of needed before heading out. This area was also the spot where a lot of the local townies would go to hang out, buy there particular drug of the day and use it in the find gardens of 'the Lawn'. Yes I had a part of my life that wasn't all that pure back in the days of self imposed poverty. Being classified 'a hippy' meant that it was mandatory to hang out across the street from 'the Corner' and in doing so I had plenty of time to study the buildings and the people. Little did I know at the time , this would turn out to be a study time for my content in my paintings. So, this particular painting I am working on here in this photo has a particular sentimental value to me. It is a scene I thought I would never be ' a part of' and today I am memorializing it in my work of art that is on the easel. One of life's funny little twists of fate, it only renews my thoughts that "I suppose the Gods must be laughing"
.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Painting in the Public Domain

Walking Along W. Main St.

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Rockfish PO ;the painting