418 South 45 th St. On the Porch n da Summer

My friends and I were avid TV watchers back in the day. At one time we set up the couch and portable TV out on the porch and we watched from that vantage point during the hot city afternoons. Many people would pass by and we would pause and strike up a conversation with them and sometimes they would come up off the city sidewalk and join us. Other times they would simply hold a brief deeply felt communicative moment with us and walk on. It was a memorable occasion none the less and I really enjoyed it. That all went on for a good while until the landlord got wind of it and made us move back inside the townhouse turned apartment-house. I did this drawing simply by my memory as best I could remember what our set up looked like from that townhouse porch in the West Philly part of the city.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.