Recovery Weekend

Sponsorship Gathering
I was at a sponsorship retreat related to my Recovery "family" of brothers from this area. It was terrific. I was able to listen and concentrate on how various speakers could relate to my life and I found a lot to identify with and I learned truth from others who live with this disease of addiction but who don't use drugs.
We all stayed in the same dorm rooms and ate all meals together, we lived and shared our time with each other in a very real way. I learned more about the people I see in my daily life during my week at meetings than every before.
It was good for me to enjoy those who are new to our brand of Recovery from addiction. I heard various ways to the same ends of being in touch with a spiritual force that can guide us to not use and improve our relations with ourselves, our families and the whole of society we live with on a day to day basis.
We laughed at humorous anecdotes from our brothers and we cried at the memory of one of our important sponsors who died only at the end of last August in an unexpected manner.
I also met our grand sponsor who traveled up from Daytona, Florida just to be with us. He's just a little older than I but he has much more experience in the program than anyone around here does, and he's a sensible nice guy too boot. This weekend was truly an important moment in my life clean, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Painting in the Public Domain

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So