The Brave and Not Forgotten


The night is cold, as many are aware of it's power to end life. The people remain in tonight. It puts me in the mood to reflect upon a bike rider I saw today. She was battling up a hill full steam and I know it was hard for her because I've ridden up that same hill years ago in the cold cold daylight with little to keep me company but my own thoughts and the chill of the air upon my exposed cheeks. I felt good for her, because I knew she was feeling very free and good bringing herself up that hill however slowly she was smiling because of her efforts of the climb.
I know we need to improve our cities for such people who no matter what the conditions will brave the streets to ride instead of sit passively behind the wheel as I was this morning while watching her in my car.
Here's to Her...may more join her, maybe me someday.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So