"The Old Homeplace" by Alice Power


I had a chance to go up north to Loudoun County where a new theater had opened with a play about a family that grew in Northwestern Virginia. I was quite good. The Very Special Arts committee of Loudoun County was the group that made the theater what it is today. It was built over the last ten years and the play that I saw was only the second show to have played in it. It is a beautiful place. The play was the best. The actors were all people with disabilities and they were all great in their craft of acting. I truly enjoyed myself. The highlights were listening to all the original songs during the performance. What a good job everyone did, it was a thrill unlike anything I've seen before to have witnessed this play by people with disabilities.
The play was "The Old Homeplace" by Alice Power and Alice is multi-talented because she had some of her original paintings in the lobby of the theater, it was very impressive to see it this weekend. The music which was all original work was done by Alex Adams.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So