Walking Through the Megablizzard of 10


And down it came....many had warned me about it and I took my warnings and I'm prepared but still...it is something else when it finally falls from the sky....all white small flakes and building up to be more and more. I know it hampers many activities but I do enjoy it so. I have been able to take the time to begin a rather large canvas. I had been putting it off, and the subject for it is something that I thought I would never venture into working on ever again. I live to eat some crow. I am doing another caricature painting of a grocery store scene and you know what....it's a lot of fun.
I got out for a walk today as well as working on my new canvas. I walked out to go to a meeting but I ended up stopping in on a young woman who is running a gallery downtown. She and her buddies carry some of my work. I was in the area so I stopped in to see if they would be open for First Friday's tonight despite the snow, but no they won't be open for the gallery tour. But I did have a nice talk with her and took some photos while she was working on a new painting while gallery sitting, it ended up I helped her shut down the place due to the weather and lack of business on this snowy day.
It was a good walk and I was glad to get outside. Now I'm ready to watch a little TV and then hit the sack.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So