Beautiful Landscape in the Works: "what it takes"

I was outside painting in the middle of a field at noon today and I had to stop after a few breaks in an airconditioned car to keep off the fainting. I would have brought a camera and had a photo of the really beautiful spot but it was too hot even for a sensitive instrument such as a phone or a electronic camera. But I did get a good start to this new painting and I hope to head out tomorrow morning to finish it up. This summer has been just great for all the new visas to paint here in Nelson County, Virginia. It mountainous and very green. The people here are very helpful and curious as to what I am doing and painting. I welcome them and answer all their questions and volunteer some information too. Thankfully no one has run me off their property. The folks have welcomed my presence and been quick to give me permission to set up my easel and paint on their land. It's been just exceptional this summer. I don't feel like painting buildings anymore, the foliage and landscapes here are so captivating to work on I don't think I can leave them for bricks and mortar buildings and sidewalks no matter how many people might buy one of the city or restaurants...it's just not me today.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Painting in the Public Domain

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse