O-Hill, the tough trails for today


I went Mountain biking with a friend who is very experienced in it today, I found that my skills were lacking in a few major areas. Like getting over that rock formation or that sapling laying across the trail for instance, well I'll come back another day and have another go at it. Today, well shall I say, "it was a crappy performance on my part" and that has nothing to do with getting a flat. Right!
It showed me a good example of what humility is thru my friend's actions and words. He's a truly good mountain biker in every meaning of those two words.
It's time for me to lick my wounds and try it again another day. Man I hadn't been on that trail before, I usually took the "easy route". Today, I got a taste of what these riders do on a daily basis, those guys who are in the photos jumping, riding at those crazy paces over that terrain you wouldn't send your worse enemy over in a jeep no less. Well, I'll keep coming back!

Comments

What Has Worked;

Poolside

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So