Downtown to Read at the Library I Saw....


A day at the downtown local library was truly an eye opener. I went to look up the newest issue of American Artist magazine which I truly love but just don't have the warewithall to have a subscription. The stay at the table I was at was quiet and truly comfortable for my pursuing my magazine but upon finishing it I saw an unusual site at the tables beside me. Those men who were sitting had books open but were simply sitting still and quiet but they were also staring off into a far away wide open space. It was eerie and I took a long second look to see it in a perceptive manner as to not miss anything, then I got up and because I was done with my article I left the library. It was later on at home I picked up my pen and drawing tablet to render the image of what I had just experienced at the downtown library. How unique and eerie yet very moving in a manner that Potemkin was a moving film.
That is what I have posted as my drawing for this article. Life is what it is and today I just don't ignore it anymore with dulling my senses in order to think about it, today I write and draw it down. It's a lot healthier!

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Painting in the Public Domain

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.