A Colllection of Trees Sections

Working with pen and ink has always been an enjoyment for me, I loved the effect of the ink line on paper. There is something of the 'fine' in 'fine art' with it. Ink is a strong color of black, one of the strongest colors when seen against the whiteness of a good drawing paper. I can sit for hours and entertain myself using it. I use to think I had to get loaded in order to do a good job but I've found out that using only dulls the senses and my abilities wane, so I don't do that anymore. Now I sit and enjoy the effort of getting a good vision of what I want to do and where I want to go with a drawing while I draw it. I can perform at such a better rate and be aware and enjoy the creative process rather than go through ' the creative struggle'. It is a joy. This particular drawing is one that is of a few different trees, some older trees near my home and others miles away in West Virginia. I just happen to bring my drawing notebook along on a little side trip up north earlier this week so I could perhaps continue on my drawing experience. It paid off.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Poolside

Kidd's Store, Va. : an oil

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So