Burning up this Earth; let's cut it out


I'd like to think that this country wants to do something about global warming in a very real way. I am hopeful that these people we elected in Washington can get going on something sooner rather than later. I just read a posting that there will be a summit of somekind in Washington late next month. We do need something big to curb our style of burning stuff and loading the skies with our junk.
I have taken a pledge to curb my production of hydrocarbons by using alternative forms of transportation as much as possible in the coming years. After doing this I rode my bike to take care of business for the last two days and I didn't have to drive my car at all in those two days. Today when I did drive, I combined my trips to do chores into one use of my car. I got my laundry, workout at the gym, grassraking all done in one trip instead of three separate ones, give me a star. But in all seriousness it is good to do what you can now even if the gas guzzlers still rule the roadways and make it seem absurd to even try to curb use of burning fuels when others are just putting the pedal to these oversized engines. Oh well, I'll keep trying to stick to my pledge.

Comments

What Has Worked;

Walking Along W. Main St.

Painting in the Public Domain

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

The County of Nelson's Courthouse