Artist and There Art at U.Va.





One thing is that it's always been interesting to see just some of the items hanging in the dormrooms of the lawn. Tonight I had the chance to go up and see some for myself. I went to "the Lighting Ceremony" and in doing so I had the chance to see some of the new residents of the Lawn and since they had opened there doors to the public I got a chance to look inside for items on there walls. It was very unique stuff that I had a chance to lay my eyes on. You could see in a minute where the interest of the occupant lay. Some had a lot of home made art. My favorite kind of art. Others had many books on shelves in the room, while another had many albums by wonderful musicans laying on there desk and on bookshelves. Of course the one that caught my eye was the "Woman in Red" or this painting I photographed as the artist spoke to her friends inside. I enjoyed see it. And I also noticed that she wasn't a one hit wonder but had other good paintings on her walls. I wish her the best after graduation. Because at the moment art just isn't in most people's budget but then when was it ever bought because it was in the budget of someone or some group. Art should be bought because it's loved afterall.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

What Has Worked;

Wyant's Store in Whitehall,Va.

Walking Along W. Main St.

Firecycle in Kamahura: 1954 or So

Painting in the Public Domain

The Holland Farm Chicken House in Arrington Va.